Thanks for printing! Don't forget to come back to Consolidated Engineering Company for fresh articles!
CEC has designed and manufactured a variety of IQ (Integral Quench) furnaces. These machines can be fitted for many heat treatment processes including:
- Ferritic Nitrocarburizing
- Neutral Hardening
- Annealing (Bright)
- Stress Relieving
- Carbon Restoration
Our furnaces are heavy-duty and atmosphere tight. The non-drive prechamber is loaded by pusher from the load side and by a back push-pull drive from the heat chamber. These furnaces can have many features, including:
- Round or rectangular heating chambers that are gas or electric heated
- Heat Chamber contains alloy circulating fans for atmosphere uniformity
- Heavy-duty alloy rollers, rails, and muffles ensure low down time
- Fail safe Nitrogen purge for atmosphere loss of seal
- Sophisticated to assure safe operation and desired automation
- Full load, unload and quench automation with transfer cars or gantry cranes
- Large capacity heated and cooled Quench tanks with programmable agitation speed
- Integrated separate tempering furnaces
- Generators and gas control for Endo, Exo, N-Methanol, N, Ammonia atmospheres
- Conventional or vacuum washers with alkylene and water tanks
- Companion freezers for martensite conversion
Fitted for Many Heat Treatment Processes
Our furnaces are heavy-duty and atmosphere tight.
Variety of Sizes
IQ furnaces come in a variety of standard sizes. CEC IQ furnaces are called “Flexcase” (FC) and are followed in our sizing standards with the width x length x height in inches. Therefore, the FC 243624 has a 24” x 36” x 24” workload chamber. Companion Quench, Temper, Washer and Transfer Cars machines are also applied in standard formats. We can send you a quote and literature on our broad line of standard IQ products and discuss any custom solutions that your product requires.